Saturday, December 24, 2011

paper world.

This is my 3rd addition to paper world. I think I'm addicted. This project reminds me of the old stop motion holiday specials, especially the one with the Bumble and the Island of Misfit Toys. I loved, loved, loved them as a kid. I always wanted to crawl into those worlds. I felt like I could have fit into the space and hang out with all the characters. There was something intimate about it. Anyways, next project....stop motion?
Buddha hotei. Again, an old print laying around, just waiting to be placed in a paper world.

This time, I thought oragami flowers might be suiting for the background. I have never done oragami, so yay for online tutorials!

My first folds. Liking it already. The paper  is quite heavy, so I spent some time wrestling with it. I don't think  you are supposed to fight with your paper while practicing oragami. I also don't think Buddha would approve of me cursing through this ancient tradition.
So much fun! Really, it's quite enjoyable and in no time I made 3 little lotus blossoms.


Glory shot.

Behind the scenes.

I propped up the Buddha with a scrap of folded paper and fun tack.

Buddha standing.

I  propped up the flowers at different heights to give it a deeper, more varying 3d effect. Also, I stuck the "peace y'all" on the side of the largest blossom to appear as if the Buddha has a mystical thought bubble.

"Peace y'all."

No comments:

Post a Comment