Wednesday, December 14, 2011

paper world.

A Nikon D-80 DSLR camera just fell into my hands (thanks, Lisa) and I'm super excited! I've been wanting to graduate from my point and shoot to try more studio photography, mostly for product taking. So, I set up a little paper world. I own a lot of paper and thought this would be a fun, quick project to make and give me a chance to fool around with picture taking.

This is an image taken from my daily doodles. I have a small collection of wind up toys and the hopping lederhosen is one of my favorites. I  screen printed a small run of this image and had a few extra prints laying around, so it got cut up and placed in the paper world.

A piece of gray paper from a large roll of was taped to the wall, draped over a table. I propped up the lederhosen with a bent piece of paper and cut out the mountains with some grey scraps. The scraps were all curled up and making me crazy trying to flatten them. So, what the heck. I flip flopped the scraps and they actually stood up quite well as they supported each other. Also, it created varied and sweet looking shadows.

Oh meine lederhosen!

Another an image taken from my daily doodles. These figurines belong to my friend, Cassie. I stayed with her in her tiny apartment in Seattle and one morning I came across these sweet figurines. I hope she didn't mind me rifling through her belongings.

More cutting.

The forest was created from strips of paper and then stuck to the surface with fun tac (see below). I thought about cutting images of real trees but decided to keep it simple. I quite like they way the strips lean to and fro.

Oh Deer!

Fun tac. This stuff is the bomb. It's bright blue and is used to stick things together. It's like scotch tape, but it isn't tape and it's squishy and again, it's bright blue. My mother used this stuff like mad. She taught kindergarten and I think it acted as her little helper. She may have even tried to stick a student's mouth shut with this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment